3 Pack AYAMAYA 35KN / 3500kg Rescue Figure 8 Descender Rappel Device Equipment Rigging Plate for Rappelling Belaying Rock Climbing,Blue
Huge Savings Item! Save 14% on the 3 Pack AYAMAYA 35KN / 3500kg Rescue Figure 8 Descender Rappel Device Equipment Rigging Plate for Rappelling Belaying Rock Climbing,Blue by AYAMAYA at Wildly World. MPN: ayamayaoutdoor3. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Specification: Material: 7075 Aircraft-grade Aluminum alloy (Anodized);Hot Forged. Size: 5.5'' x 2.9''(L*W). Breaking Strength: 35kN / 7,700 lbf. Rope
Material: 7075 Aircraft-grade Aluminum alloy (Anodized);Hot Forged.
Size: 5.5" x 2.9"(L*W).
Breaking Strength: 35kN / 7,700 lbf.
Rope Capacity: 1/3" - 3/5".
How to Use a Figure 8 Descender?
For the general public a figure 8 is best reserved for rappelling; it also can be used as a belay device for top rope climbing too.
To rig a single-end rappel on a figure 8 device -- start by placing the rope on the side of your dominant hand. So if you're right-handed, the rope goes to your right. Face the rope as you pull a bight or bend of rope through the larger of the two loops on your figure 8 device. Pull that bend of rope over the outside of the smaller loop in the belay device, then clip the small loop of the belay device to your harness with a large locking carabiner.
It is NECESSARY to receive adequate training (knowledge of techniques and security measures) before using the tools. Incorrect use or improper maintenance could lead to serious accidents even fatal. Please read carefully or learn enough knowledge before use.
No matter how many times you've rappelled, perform the following safety checks:
First, verify that when you hold the two strands of the rope parallel to each other, the rope runs through the figure 8 device in a symmetric fashion and the tail end of the rope is on the same side as your dominant hand. If one or both of those is not true, you've rigged the device incorrectly.
Second, Double-check that the locking carabiner attaching the figure 8 device to your harness is locked, and oriented so that it's only loaded on the top and bottom ends -- not across the middle. And finally, verify that your climbing or rappelling harness is correctly fastened.
Features & Highlights
- UIAA certified. Our Figures of 8 work on 1/3" to 3/5" diameter ropes. Breaking strength 7,700 lbf. (35 kN).
- The Rescue Figure 8 is an economical anodized figure 8 descender for light duty use. Alloy aluminum construction.
- The LARGE HOLE acts as the collection point.The SMALL HOLEs make it easy to attach and remove the carabiners holding descenders, pulleys and rope grabs.
- The Rappel 8 contains almost twice the material of other small 8s, providing better heat dissipation.
- Just right for Working-At-Height,Technical Rope Rescue,climbers,cavers,and sport rappelers,the slightly more compact design of the Rappel 8 offers superb control on smaller rope.
|Item Weight:||0.79 pounds|